Digital Crafting Fun

I really wanted to be in my stamp room creating a card to share with you but I spent yesterday and part of today creating the covers for our worship bulletins for advent.

The design I have used in the past did not work for our new pastor. I printed out one of the old ones and traced the outline of the two different size candles, then scanned them back into my computer. I uploaded the smaller one into My Digital Studio and copied and pasted it to have four candles. Then I used text frames to add the words.

Next I uploaded the flame into MDS and adjusted the size and put flames on each of the candles. I put on only one for the first Sunday in Advent and added a flame for each week.

I used the poinsettia stamp brush from Bells and Boughs to add greenery at the base of the candles. However, the candle lines showed through the poinsettia image. So I saved just the candles and opened the image in Adobe Photoshop Elements 3. There I could erase parts of the lines. I switched back and forth between PSE and MDS saving several versions of the candles until I got just the right amount erased. Once I got the image with four candles done, I had to go through the whole process again to add the Christ candle for Christmas Eve. It was a lot of fussing and some frustration but I am happy with the end results.

Now I have the bulletin covers all ready for Advent. Yay! Thanks for coming to visit today. Let me know you were here by leaving a comment. If you would like to play with My Digital Studio, hop on over to my online store. My Digital Studio is 50% off through Nov 30. You can't beat that deal!!!

Happy Holiday Stamping,

Sue

 

Candles and Christ Candle-001

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *