Are you a new stamper? If you are like me, I was overwhelmed with choices when I first wanted to try my hand at stamping! The first Stampin' Up! workshop I attended, there were so many stamps and supplies to choose from that I didn't buy a thing!
As always, I am here to help you so here is my list of beginning stamper's must haves:
- Colored Card Stock – Stampin' Up! card stock is recognized in the paper crafting industry as being the best quality. The color goes through all layers of paper. We offer a Getting Started Collection of 2 sheets of each of the basic colors (120954) for only $6.95. This will give you an idea of which colors you like to use. Then you can reorder those colors in larger quantities.
- Very Vanilla (101650, $8.50/40 sheets) or Whisper White (100730, $8.50/40 sheets) Card Stock – Choose either an ivory toned basic color or white on which to stamp your images.
- Inks – Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad (101179, $5.95) for stamping images you will be coloring
- Brights Collection Stampin' Write Markers (119702, $28.95) to color in images and for coloring directly onto the rubber stamp for stamping an image in a color other than black
- Paper Cutter (104152, $24.95) While you can measure, draw a line and cut along the line with scissors to get a straight line, you will find this paper cutter to make the job much easier and more consistent! Generally the 8 1/2" x 11" card stock is cut in half to make a piece 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". This is then folded in half to make the base for your card.
- Whisper White (107301, $6.50/40) or Very Vanilla (107300, $6.50/40) Medium Envelopes – After taking the time to hand make that special card, you will want to send it in one of our fine quality envelopes. Choose Whisper White or Very Vanilla depending on which basic white card stock you chose.
- Stamp set of your choice
- Adhesive of your choice
There are many embellishments you can choose to add like ribbon, glitter, self-adhesive pearls or crystals, and brads, but the above list gives you everything you need to start stamping.
Are you not quite sure you want to dive into stamping with both feet? Do you want to just test the waters? Then I suggest you purchase one of our single stamps shown on pages 18-20 of our 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog, the Whisper White card stock, your favorite color ink pad, the envelopes, and the adhesive of your choice. You can use a ruler and scissors you probably already have to cut your card stock.
If you are ready to give rubber stamping a hand, either email me with your order or visit my online store to place your order. I am always available to help you get started and answer any questions you might have. Don't hesitate to ask!